Os get three Gold Glove finalists

The Orioles have three finalists for the Rawlings Gold Glove Awards announced on Thursday morning, with shortstop J.J. Hardy, center fielder Adam Jones and right fielder Nick Markakis all honored in their respective American League categories.

The awards, created in 1957, are determined by a survey a player and managers —which make up 75 percent— and the Society for Sabermetric Reasearch accounts for the other 25 percent. The winners will be revealed during special award show on ESPN 2 on November 4 at 7 p.m ET.

Baltimore, which has won an AL-best 67 Gold Gloves since the award’s inception, had six finalists last season and is well represented once again. Hardy is vying for his third consecutive Gold Glove win, while Jones is trying for his fourth career award. Markakis won a Gold Glove in 2011.

Hardy is up against Kansas City’s Alcides Escobar and Chicago’s Alexei Ramirez. Boston’s Jackie Bradley, Jr. and Chicago’s Adam Eaton were nominated along with Jones among centerfielders, while Markakis will go head-to-head with Tampa Bay’s Kevin Kiermaier and Angels’ outfielder Kole Calhoun.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: